Subscribe to the Podcast Now!
A Big Thank You for your 5 Stars Reviews!
Subscribe to the Selflovepreneur™ on your favorite Podcast Player
Share the Podcast with your friends and colleagues ▼
Why It is Really Hard to Ask for Support
Do you find it hard is hard to ask for help? Do you rather grind, hustle and work throughout the weekend than ask for support?
Especially when you're a female entrepreneur who never learned to ask for support.
This is for you if you - like me - learned some pretty limiting beliefs
For years I was not able to ask for help - okay, who am I kidding, I still find it hard to ask for help. Fortunately, I run into a bunch of limiting negative beliefs that taught me - the hard way - that you don't have to do it alone!
- ✔︎ Be the helper and never ask for help (because you won't get it)
- ✔︎ There's something profoundly wrong with me
- ✔︎ If you want people to like you (and not be an outcast), you've got to give, give, give.
So I worked. And studied, and worked more. Because working and having access to loads of knowledge, meant having value.
It never occurred to me that Being Myself could carry any value. It never occurred to me that I didn't have to fight.
I was severely depressed for over 10 years and managed to never miss a single day at work. For years I went to the psychiatric hospital to get therapy. All I wanted was for them to hold me, to take care of me.
But it never occurred to me that I could ask for it.
I became an entrepreneur and did the work-work-work thing. I didn't ask for help. I didn't expect things to be easy.
I figured - at a subconscious level - that I had to work my ass off.
In all honesty, I also didn't expect great results - even though I was heading in the right direction.
At a deeper level, I probably didn't feel good enough to receive all that money and work with all those amazing clients.
► Yet, whenever I launched and felt like a lazy slob :-) my launch went amazing!
► Whenever I go in to Give Give Give mode, my launches are less successful.
So dear friend, one of the lessons that entrepreneurship gave me is that worthiness doesn't need to be proved.
- You are worthy. I am worthy. Period.
- Working harder doesn't lead to more success - working smarter leads to success.
- Ask for help. Don't be like me. Make business friends, ask them to look at your website, join a program and get everything out of the program, share how you feel.