LATE ADHD DIAGNOSIS FOR WOMEN
Yes! I've got it too!! And I'm 60 years old!
“You sit with those children, Esther. They can’t learn either”
- Yes, that’s 60 years of working like crazy to keep the mind explosions at bay, the messed up dates, the mistakes, the lost phones, keys, books, and entire stacks of bills, gone.
- 60 years of thinking that everyone has these 10 streams of (often conflicting) thoughts at the same time.
- All those years of wondering why everyone else was able to finish their schoolwork while I couldn’t stop reading German Poetry.
- All those years of killing what worked in my business or not being able to follow up on invites, ‘I want to work with you' messages.All those years of dragging my team with me in my hyper-focused state of "We’re going to change everything!"
- All those years of beating myself up.
There’s grief and sadness for my late ADHD diagnosis.
For being able to say NO to complicated structures because they come with manuals and I can’t do manuals (unless they are IKEA manuals, those are the best)
▶︎ When I asked my local doctor to be diagnosed a couple of months ago: he thought it was hilarious.
So who are my fellow neurodivergent ADHD miracles?
UPDATE: my Late ADHD diagnosis inspired me to re-open my Wonderfully Weird Movement.
Take the quiz below to find out if you're wonderfully weird too!