* Goodbye Toxic Positivism ... in business *
I know that ‘Being Positive, Happy and Super Successful All the Freaking Time’ is what the majority of business coaches and gurus is teaching.
And that’s completely fine.
However - to me - it clashes with real life.
There is no space for grief, sadness and loss when ‘Positivity and Feeling ‘So Happy!’ are the only options on the menu.
There is Zero Space for Growth when we’re not addressing the shit that goes on in ourselves (yes, I know) and the reality of the world we’re living in.
There can be No Light when we don’t address the Darkness.
We cannot make 100K or 1M or even 10K when we feel not deserving.
Can we make all that money, grow our business, have an impact, feel deeply empowered, be affluent, healthy and happy?
But you don’t have to!
You’re not automatically a ‘Better Person’. Nor does success knock on your door because you’re more deserving than the next person!
The road is not straight. It’s bendy like hell and it’s up to us if we drive it kicking and screaming or - sort of - enjoying the drive.
To me Contentment is a more Nourishing Way to look at our lives and business.
Because it’s okay to be sad or feeling lost. You’re not a loser when you’re not feeling elated or successful 24/7.
I’m actually done with the Toxic Positivism! And with the ‘You just have to Change your Mindset!’.
That’s not how Love or Life works. That’s not how we create space where people can thrive.
Sure we feel in Heaven the day after our ‘Positivity Fix’. But when the effect is gone we often feel smaller and more lost than before the Quick Fix.
I’m pro-realism. And done with toxic positivism.
That’s definitely Not the Same as ‘Oh Poor Me My Life Sucks at Every Level’ (that’s victimhood).
But why the fuck do we have to be thin AND healthy AND glowing AND perfect!
Why can’t we be fat AND happy?
Why can’t I share a picture of myself on my very-bad-hair day?
Why do I have to feel On Top of The World 24/7? Why should I feel guilty when I need ample time at the base of the mountain?
Give me a break! No more toxic positivism.
Acceptance will set us free. And Gratitude gives us wings.
My - Ever Changing- Manifesto for Those Willing to Lead and Live from CONTENTMENT, REALISM, ACCEPTANCE & GRATITUDE
* I’m alive. I’m free. I’m grateful for every breath I take and for being a human being.
* I know and accept that this single life I’ve been given is precious beyond words.
* I know that an endless stream of opportunities is presenting itself to me and that it’s up to me to either take it or leave it.
* I accept that I have made many mistakes and have fucked up gigantically. I have been hurt and I have hurt people, and will most likely continue to do so for the rest of my life.
* I am responsible for my actions, my emotions and feelings. And am very much aware of the basic rules of karma: ‘every action will always cause a reaction’.
* I am mindful of my actions and - since I’m a human being - I will dance, fall and fail at least once a day and promise to make a shitload of mistakes.
* I know I’m not alone. I know I’m loved. I’m wrapped in the blanket of The Great Love (or the Divine, Mother Nature, Oneness, Universal Love... etc).
* Maybe I can’t see it, but I feel it’s there.
* I’m grateful for everyone penny, euro or dollar that enters my life. The fact that people pay me for what I do will never become ‘ordinary’. It’s always extraordinary. And fun. And I love it.
* The money that streams through me into my business is a fair exchange of my magic. I’m fully prepared to receive it.
* I know that my the amount of money that enters my life will always grow in alignment with my perception of money and deservedness.
* I deal with the hardship in my life and business, I’m fully prepared to fail, win, lose and gain new perspective.
* I have the tools I need. If not: I will find it. I have the support I want. If not: I will find it. I am around the people who lift me up. If not: I will find them.
* I know that magical things can happen and I’m willing to give them access to my life. If nothing remotely magical happens it doesn’t mean I suck.
* I just have to do some re-alignment. Take a deep breath. And make space.
*It’s okay to eat chocolate or drink wine while waiting. Give yourself a break!
* I know that I love and accept myself fully and completely and am willing to do the work. Life can push me down, yet I feel I’m always destined for greatness.
*It’s totally okay to buy something you don’t need ‘a new design for your website or a book that promises ‘Success in 5 Easy Steps’ when the self love feels a bit stale.
* I am willing to hear a thousand NO’s before a YES and that every NO will teach me something precious.
* I know I can open my mighty wings and fly into the sky. I can feel the tugging of my wings. All I need to do is surrender.
* It’s okay to not get the surrender part. Just do it anyway.
* I deal with the new layers that constantly expose themselves to me.
* Anger, jealousy, disappointment, sadness, fear, I can feel it stream through me .
* Yet, I’m not attached to it. It occasionally knocks me down. Sometimes it takes my breath away, but I will gracefully accept every lesson that presents itself to me through hardship and joy.
* I accept that every new level has a mean motherfucking new devil. I know I’m shedding layers - not unlike an onion - and that what I feel is not always easy - but hey! this is my life and I will always find ways to go to my next level. (Even though I sometimes think: ‘What’s the bloody sense of it all’)
* I acknowledge my shadow parts and listen to the lessons they teach me. Even though I’m very reluctant to learn because it feels mighty safe in my castle of ‘This is who I am. Why-the-fuck-do-I-have-to-go-through-all-this-bullshit-again!’
* I’m very much aware of the fact that Life is Not - Never - a series of ‘I’m so happy at the beach’ Instagram posts. I give myself permission to feel 100 different feelings within 5 minutes.
* They will pass as long as I Let Go.
I make space for both sadness and joy, Never backing away from my own feelings.
* I know there are many people who are living a life more horrible than I can even imagine. People who perish in wars, who work in sweatshops, mines, brothels. Starvation. Injustice.
I will not close my eyes.
I will bare witness.
I know that this life of mine is meaningful and that it’s up to me to Be the Change. I also know that every single act will create change. It’s not only the grand gestures.
From a warm ‘hey, You Got This !’ Smile to an overworked mother in the supermarket to giving away your seat in the bus to a complete stranger- because you feel she needs it.
I also accept that these little acts of random kindness might be more meaningful to myself than to others.
I know that life flows through each of us and through everything around us and that we’re all connected.
I accept that it’s all on me. That I can blame others for my pain - and it’s completely okay to do so for a while - but that by dwelling into the Great Realm of Blaming for too long, I give away my power.
So it’s on me.
I take full responsibility.
I will remain vulnerable, open, grateful and curious.
I choose life.