How to Overcome Perfectionism
Esther de Charon de Saint Germain is mother, partner, friend, sister and aunt and a self-love advocate and business and branding strategist. A speaker, author, soul whisperer, and the founder of the Brave Movement that teaches women entrepreneurs to build a business based on self-love, radical self-acceptance, and true confidence. Featured in Huffington Post, Marie Claire, Elle, and Thrive Global, Esther is the founder of the Self Love Success Club Follow Esther at Instagram | Facebook I Pinterest
Dear fellow perfectionists,
I'd like to address something that comes up again and again.
I have a long love and hate relationship with perfectionism (if you like I can share the article I wrote for Huffington Post) but perfectionism sucks your soul dry.
It's the KILLER of your Business.
How to Deal With Perfectionism
1. Make fun of it. Seriously. Perfectionism is super stern it had no humor and making it light "hahahaha isn't that fun look what I did now (or not) because I wanted it to be perfect" will piss off perfectionism so bad!
2. Treat it like an annoying person, clingy, needy, a true motherfucker. (you can even see it like you're least favorite politician, the person who makes you roll your eyes at...)
3. BE who you really are. Train that Visualization muscle. Perfectionism and YOU BEING can never BE in the same room.
4. Accept it, because it will NEVER go away. But you will learn to catch it faster and to release it.
5. Be in the company of women who lift you up. A community like BRAVE! will definitely help you. because it will grow your confidence and give you a clear plan that is lighter, and way more appealing than the Soul Killer and the 'I'm not allowing you to grow' Force of Perfectionism.
Watch Brene Brown's heartfelt advice on Letting Go of Perfectionism
All 'recovering perfectionists' thrive in the Self Love Success Club